- Standard Features
- Comprehensive fittings library with unlimited customization
- 3D view verification of fittings
- 2D layout view of pattern fitting
- Job manager for multi-level zones
- Copy fitting or zone
- Fully customizable shop standards
- Based on SMACNA and DIN standards
- DXF export for nesting and automated cutting
- HPGL export for printing and manual cutting
- Custom seam and joint types
- Custom list of liners, wrap, sealant, stiffeners, vanes, and hangers
- Shear list – blank sizes calculated
- Fitting list – quick list of fittings in job
- Detail list – shop ticket format shows fitting, details, and dimensions
- Cleat list – lists cleats to fabricate and organizes them by type, size, etc.
- Liner list – lists lining to cut for fabricated parts by type, size, and dimension for each pattern piece
- Pattern fabrication
- FabSheet with patterns
- Metal piece usage
- Wrap usage
- Vane piece
- Hanger piece
- Stiffener piece
Design2Fab Request a Free Trial
Sheet Metal Layout | 6
Design2Fab sheet metal layout software makes it easy to create HVAC duct, mechanical, kitchen, industrial, roofing, and other specialty fitting layouts. Engineered to dramatically reduce the time it takes to develop and lay out flat patterns, Design2Fab provides sheet metal fabricators, HVAC shops, and MEP contractors with the ability to create complex custom fitting layouts in minutes, rather than hours. Design2Fab also helps ensure perfect fit-up when installing parts in the field, contributing to increased productivity and lower operating costs so you’ll be able to accomplish more, while increasing profitability!
Take a Closer Look
The Functionality You Need
Design2Fab is so easy to use that even a beginner to the sheet metal trade can immediately start making fittings. Starting with the parametric fittings library, you’ll have access to a complete range of templates including all core shapes and sizes which can be customized to virtually any design. You can even apply SMACNA or DIN based shop standards to any fitting in the job, including pressure class, metal gauge, seam styles, joints, stiffeners, wrap, acoustic liner, and sealant.
Once your design is complete, you can easily export patterns to DXF for automated cutting. You can also export patterns for manual cutting using HPGL print files, printed to a plotter, or laid out manually using XY or triangulation points.
Finally, keep in mind that Design2Fab is the only software offering integration to Hypertherm ProNest® nesting software, delivering SureCut™ technology, optimal nesting, and increased material utilization.
- Windows 10, Windows 8 or 8.1, or Windows 7 (SP1)
- 32 or 64-bit operating systems
- 1.3 GHz processor or faster (3 GHz recommended)
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- VGA display with at least 256 colors and a resolution of 1024 x 768
- 150 MB available disk space