- Standard features for all four levels of Design2Fab
- Complete library of shapes – square, rectangular, round, oval, transitions, elbows, pipe, specialty
- Accounts for metal thickness on bend allowance
- Shear lists and Labels
- Seamless integration with Estimating module
- Production reports for metal, cleats, lining, vanes, hangers etc.
- Scaled 3D/2D views of fitting and patterns
- Fast, easy data entry with pop-down menus
- Designed with industry standards
- Shop standards all easy to customize to fit your shop
- Works with Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/Vista
- Works with standard PC hardware
- Metric or Standard measurements: inches, centimeters, millimeters 1/16, 1/32, 1/64, .01, .001, .0001
- Customized country currencies
- Automatic gauge selection features
- Square footage and weights
- Customize all data bases and parameters
- Production Labels
- Shear lists (manual layout)
- Technical calculator built-in
- User control of round and curved edges
Design2Fab Request a Free Trial
Sheet Metal Layout | 5
Design2Fab® is a stand-alone Hypertherm application for those creating HVAC duct, mechanical, kitchen, industrial, roofing, or specialty fitting layouts. Engineered to dramatically reduce the time it takes to develop and lay out flat patterns, Design2Fab provides you with the ability to create complex custom fitting layouts in minutes, not hours!
You’ll be able to output and print plot files (HPGL) for manual cutting or output a DXF to a CNC cutting machine. (DXF files can also be exported to ProNest®, ProNest LT, or ProNest LTS nesting software prior to cutting, allowing for optimal material utilization for jobs with multiple parts.)
Take a Closer Look
There are four levels of Design2Fab to choose from:
Provides a fully integrated flat pattern sheet metal layout with DXF output and estimating / costing system
Provides automated flat pattern sheet metal layout with DXF output
Provides automated flat pattern sheet metal layout, where no CNC plasma table is in use
is a comprehensive, easy-to-use estimating / costing system available for flat pattern sheet metal layout. Use as a stand-alone application, or add this capability to Foreman or Journeyman.
For a side-by-side comparison of Design2Fab levels, please see the Design2Fab Data Sheet.